Buenos Aires is becoming more and more recognized as a great vacation destination for visitors of all ages from all over the world. The city has so much to offer and is a generally very safe, large international city. With the help of a few tips for tourists on Buenos Aires safety, visitors can feel safe and comfortable while enjoying their time in the capital of Argentina.
1. Buenos Aires safety has a lot to do with being aware of your surroundings. Make sure you know where you are going, who is around you, always hold on closely to your belongings, and travel in groups at nighttime.
2. Don’t carry a lot of money, unnecessary credit cards, or flash expensive jewelry and clothing. The less you have on you, the less risk you have of it being taken from you.
3. Public transportation is safe during the daytime, but it is a well-known Buenos Aires safety tip that at night time taking a taxi is better. When possible, try to get one under the company name Radio Taxi. You can either call a radio taxi or hail one from the street, but avoid plain yellow and black taxis with no official documentation.
4. Be aware of unknown people coming up to you on the street asking questions or offering services. Hold tight to your belongings and walk away.
5. Look both ways while crossing the street, even if the light is green. And look on the ground while you walk to avoid stepping in something unpleasant.
The majority of Buenos Aires safety issues do not deal with physical violence, but rather involve petty crimes that can be avoided with the right precaution and awareness. And with these safety tips, you should have no problems staying incident-free and enjoying your time in the captivating city of Buenos Aires!